Collaborative workplaces are the new norm. Gone are the days of knowledge-hoarding behaviors that waste collective brainpower.
Enter the era of shared discovery.
Collaborative office furniture builds a cooperative workforce by showcasing three things: company culture, values, and a teamwork-ready environment.
Modern office furniture is one of the primary elements for creating a collaborative work environment. With contemporary conference tables, modular workstations, and collaborative seating, individuals gain the opportunity to work in the kind of inclusive environment that energizes teams, releases creativity, and makes working together both productive and joyful.
In addition, here are five insights for harnessing the power of collaboration in your modern office:
1. Leadership is the essential ingredient. Collaboration is more than the technology that supports it, and even more than a business strategy aimed at optimizing an organization’s experience and expertise. Collaboration is, above all else, a change in attitude and behavior of people throughout the modern office—especially when it comes to environment. Successful collaboration is a matter of leadership and willingness to work alongside a team and use the brainpower of others.
2. Visioning is a team activity. Today’s most successful leaders guide their organizations through a shared purpose and vision. These leaders adopt and communicate a vision of the future that impels people beyond the boundaries and limits of the past. But if the future vision belongs only to top management, it will never be an effective motivator for the workforce. Yet with the right work environment—one that nurtures collaboration with modern office furniture and collaborative meeting spaces, the power of a vision comes to life in the employees’ workday everyday.
3. Diversity is crucial. Never underestimate the power of diverse thinking in the modern office. Diversity causes people to consider perspectives and possibilities that would otherwise be ignored. Group members who think alike or are trained in similar disciplines with similar bases of knowledge run the risk of becoming insular in their ideas instead of exploring alternatives.
4. Relationships are key. In today’s modern office interiors, the outcome of any collaborative effort is dependent upon well-developed personal relationships among participants. Not allowing time for this can be a costly mistake. For example, all too often, in the rush to get started on a project, team leaders put people together and tell them to “get to work.” This approach proves less than productive, as the group hasn’t had time to get to know one another, to discover each other’s strengths and weaknesses, to build trust, nor to develop a common understanding and vision for the project.
5. Environment is everything. Without the proper environment for ideas to grow and teamwork to flourish, every effort to transform business strategies won’t thrive. Modern office furniture and collaborative office furniture aren’t only aesthetically crucial components of the contemporary office. Modern office furniture reinforces the values of a company, while creating the environment that inspires teamwork and collective work.